Sunday 12 August 2018

Karma Suits You - A Guide for Middle Aged Men Who've Not (YET) Given Up





So gentlemen and of course ladies here is a Blog for, as the title suggests, middle aged men who are still in the 'game'.

Let me introduce myself, I am Neville, Writer, Broadcaster, Occasional Stand up...regular sitdown.
I have published several books and work with several charities mainly ones that support people with mental health issues. 

I'll get something right out in the open straight away, I've suffered from depression for well over a decade now, and suspect that I may have been afflicted with this condition most of my life. You see men, like you and me, are taught to be strong, not to show emotion, be a man! As a consequence we don't share and keep things bottled up and filed in little boxes in our heads. This is fine of course until your boxes are full. 

Many women, not all of course, have the fantastic ability to be able to talk and share their feelings with their peers. In many cases they are more readily open to seek out help. Women are more likely to visit a GP whilst, us men... well we'll wait until something goes green or starts to fall off. Men think in physical terms rather than esoteric they will try and fix that engine rather than talk to it and ask what's wrong.

So part of this Blog will be to provide practical ways to help or steer fellah's in the direction to find help. I am not a health professional but I am a person who knows how you feel and know what worked for me. 

I also want to use this Blog as a guide for men of a 'certain age' who've not yet 'given up'. We are told now that due to increases in life expectancy fifty is the new forty and forty is the new thirty. It's now OK to be over fifty and wear a T shirt and jeans!

So in this Blog will be style tips as well as, if you're single, dating tips, I've been there and done that as well!

There will of course be humour and bits and bobs that I hope you find interesting. I'm sure that this site will develop with time and will become more bespoke to the readers. If you have any ideas please do not hesitate to let me know.

So, thanks for reading. I will add and build within the next couple of days...STAY TUNED.

Neville





3 comments:

  1. Nev - Suggestion:- I think VON would be a great inspiration to women to write such a Blog for Women: she is a great inspiration to me. How strong can a woman be? - she is the absolute Pillar of keeping Strong under the most horrendous of life's challenges that are thrown at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that your book Tales of the Unexcepted is one of the best books I have ever read: so quick and easy to read and so amazingly funny! - you really should be on the Telly Nev: you are as funny as any television comedian - another Suggestion:- why don't you try to audition for Live at the Apollo? By the way I also gave your book a 5 Star rating on Amazon & gave my honest opinion of it. Nev you are truly Amazing with a Capitol "A".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I forgot to add that I really think this particular Blog on a middle-aged man theme is wonderful. Look forward so much to the next episodes!!

    ReplyDelete